How do I manage pain after wisdom tooth removal?
The wisdom teeth, known in the dental industry as the third molars, are prone to complications. These are the last teeth to erupt in the smile and often become impacted due to lack of room. This can result in pain that requires the removal of the wisdom tooth. If you are seeking a dentist “near me” in the Mississauga, Ontario area who offers wisdom tooth removal, connect with our team at Huron Dental Centre!
What can I expect after wisdom tooth removal?
If you have had one or more wisdom teeth removed, you may want to ask your provider about aftercare instructions to reduce the risk of pain and complications. Below are a few recommendations from our team for taking care of the smile following this procedure:
- Take pain medications as prescribed and follow instructions for ice or heat therapy.
- Maintain a soft food diet for several days following the surgery. Avoid hot beverages and foods, and do not suck through straws.
- Rinse with warm salt water to help reduce swelling. This can be done gently after each meal in the first 24-48 hours post-procedure.
- Be gentle when brushing your teeth. Use an extra soft toothbrush until the area has healed completely.
- Do not smoke during recovery! Smoking can interfere with healing by reducing blood flow to the area and increasing the risk of infection.
- Make sure to attend any follow-up appointments so Dr. Jameela Jifri and her team at Huron Dental Centre can check on your progress.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our team. We are here to help make sure your recovery goes smoothly.
Request an Appointment
Do you have upcoming wisdom tooth removal?
Remember that healing times vary, and results may not be immediate after extraction. Your Huron Dental Care team in Mississauga, ON, will provide personalized instruction and advice on what steps to take for a healthy recovery. Contact us today if you have additional questions at our office, conveniently located at 2000 Credit Valley Road, Unit #102. Our phone number is 855 393-0900, and we are currently accepting new patients and families seeking comprehensive dental care solutions with an experienced team of professionals.
Huron Dental Centre in Mississauga - Dr. Jameela Jifri
Your smile gives out your first impression so it needs to be protected with the best care available. For residents in the Mississauga area, Huron Dental Centre is the best place for quality dental care as we treat all our patients like our extended family. From mild issues such as oral cavities to complex dental surgeries, we provide comprehensive treatments that will suit you according to your unique conditions. Our team is led by Dr.Jameela Jifri who possesses more than two decades of dentistry experience. She and her highly skilled team of dentists who share the same values of compassion and friendly care when it comes to treating patients. Our services include but are not limited to general, cosmetic, orthodontics, children’s and emergency dentistry treatments. As we consider patients’ convenience at all times, we provide easy appointment hours including evenings and weekends, and the practice is located near Square One Shopping Mall with free parking facilities. We provide easy payment options and free consultations to help patients in need and we maintain a multilingual facility to approach all patients.
Share this Article
Back to Wisdom Teeth Extractions Page