Straighten your teeth and smile again with braces from Mississauga, ON area dentist
If you have been struggling with an imperfect smile and want to straighten your teeth and smile again, our dentist in Mississauga, ON, Dr. Jameela Jifri, encourages patients in the community to seek treatment for their misaligned smile with braces. Braces, or “orthodontia,” are a standard solution for patients who have misaligned teeth. These bracket and wire appliances are used to reposition the teeth for better function and appearance. The decision to move forward with braces is a personal one, yet a smart one!
How do braces work?
Braces are used to move teeth within the mouth slowly. The dentist will cement metal brackets to the front of the teeth that need to be positioned and connects them with a special wire. The wire and brackets can be adjusted as necessary to get teeth where they need to be, eliminating crooked or spaced teeth that impact the appearance of the smile. Patients who have poor bite alignments, such as crossbites, overbites, or underbites, will also benefit from braces as the teeth are better positioned for more effective chewing and biting. Additionally, patients who have a properly aligned bite will also experience much less wear and tear on their natural smile and reduce breakage of dental restorations such as veneers, bridges, and dental crowns.
What are the benefits of straightening the teeth with braces?
There are several advantages to using orthodontic treatment to reposition the teeth in the smile. Below are just a few of the more common benefits patients consider when thinking about treatment:
- Straightening the smile. One of the most apparent reasons why a patient may consider braces is to straighten their teeth. A crooked smile can not only affect one’s confidence, but it can also lead to dental problems. Many different situations can be addressed with braces, including overcrowding, spacing, or even just crooked or turned teeth. By closing the gaps and bringing teeth closer together, the smile will have better balance and overall beauty.
- Dental health improvements. Because an uneven bite or crooked teeth can leave crevices and unusual areas that can be difficult to brush and floss, they can cause patients to be at a higher risk of periodontal disease and tooth decay. By straightening the teeth with braces, patients can smooth the alignment of the dental arch and create fewer areas for bacteria or food particles to develop into a more severe problem.
- Improved confidence. When patients have a beautiful smile, they are more likely to share it with others and have heightened self-esteem in social situations. In turn, this can help patients build personal relationships or even improve their job performance. This is especially true for patients who work in the field of sales who are representing themselves and their company with their smile!
- Fast movement. With proper adjustments, many patients with mild misalignment of the smile or one or two minor imperfections can enjoy more rapid results with braces. While patients with severe misalignment may still require extended time with their orthodontic treatment, small issues within the smile are fast and easy to fix. Patients are excited to find out that they do not have to wear braces for nearly as long as they initially thought, and that some patients can realign their smile between dental cleanings.
- Affordability. We know that investing in a more beautiful smile is essential to patients, but some families are on a tight budget and may not realize that treatment can be affordable. At Huron Dental Center, we can walk patients through the expected cost of treatment and assist them in arranging a payment plan and financing option that works best for their budget. We want patients to attain the treatment they need to look and feel their best.
Request an Appointment
Do you want to find out if you are a candidate for braces?
Orthodontic treatment should be considered for patients who want to straighten their teeth and smile again with confidence! Dr. Jameela Jifri and her associates at Huron Dental Center in Mississauga, ON encourage patients to consider the benefits of using braces to reposition the smile for cosmetic and functional purposes. If you want to learn more, we encourage you to book an appointment at our practice by calling 855 393-0900 and visit the practice, conveniently located at 3085 Hurontario Street, Ste. 208. New and existing patients are welcome in our facility for comprehensive dental care solutions for the smile.
Mississauga dental smile gallery
Huron Dental Centre in Mississauga - Dr. Jameela Jifri
Your smile gives out your first impression so it needs to be protected with the best care available. For residents in the Mississauga area, Huron Dental Centre is the best place for quality dental care as we treat all our patients like our extended family. From mild issues such as oral cavities to complex dental surgeries, we provide comprehensive treatments that will suit you according to your unique conditions. Our team is led by Dr.Jameela Jifri who possesses more than two decades of dentistry experience. She and her highly skilled team of dentists who share the same values of compassion and friendly care when it comes to treating patients. Our services include but are not limited to general, cosmetic, orthodontics, children’s and emergency dentistry treatments. As we consider patients’ convenience at all times, we provide easy appointment hours including evenings and weekends, and the practice is located near Square One Shopping Mall with free parking facilities. We provide easy payment options and free consultations to help patients in need and we maintain a multilingual facility to approach all patients.