Mississauga kids deserve healthy smiles
According to the World Health Organization, oral health means being free of mouth and facial pain, tooth decay, gum disease, tooth loss, and other oral diseases. Dr. Jameela Jifri and her team at Huron Dental Centre in Mississauga believe oral health should be part of a happy childhood that starts kids on a path to lifetime wellness. That’s why we accept Healthy Smiles Ontario.
What is HSO?
Supported through government funding, HSO provides preventive care and treatment for children in income-qualified families. Your children, aged 17 or younger, may be eligible for no-cost routine dental services if you:
- Are resident of Ontario.
- Meet the Income Criteria as set out by the government.
- Do not have access to other forms of dental coverage.
At Huron Dental Centre, qualified kids receive free:
- Thorough examinations by a licensed dentist.
- Teeth cleaning.
- X-rays as necessary.
- Fillings as repair of tooth decay.
- Scaling when needed for gum health.
You can download the HSO application form at www.healthnsmiles.ca. Please have these documents ready at the time of application:
- Government-issued identification for the parent or guardian applying on the child’s behalf.
- The child’s valid Ontario Health Card.
- For the most recent tax year, your Annual Canada Child Tax Benefit and Ontario Child Benefit Notice or . . .
- Annual Goods and Services Tax Credit Entitlement Notice.
In case of Emergency Treatments, we can send in the application in office.
Why dental care for your child matters
The Canadian Dental Association reports that 53.5 percent of low income Canadians did not visit a dentist in the past year. Nearly 24 percent of children have at least one decayed tooth, and that number jumps to almost 59 percent for teens. On average, a Canadian child has 2.5 decayed, missing, or filled teeth. About 24 percent of the adult population has no natural teeth remaining.
A program of regular dental care, combined with good home hygiene, helps to break this destructive cycle. It lets your child avoid the discomfort of toothaches and extensive dental treatments, and the embarrassment of bad teeth and foul breath.
Your kids deserve healthy smiles, and our Mississauga dental team can help. Call 855 393-0900 to book an appointment.