Smile with confidence in dentures from Mississauga clinic
Your teeth do more than chew. They allow you to communicate clearly through speech and expressions. They also play an important role in your overall appearance. If you are missing teeth, have no natural teeth, or need extractions, Dr. Jameela Jifri and her dental team in Mississauga can help, with a variety of options in dentures.
Types of dentures available through Huron Dental Centre
- Partial denture – This prosthetic replaces one or multiple missing teeth in an arch, either upper or lower. A partial denture clips to existing teeth for stability and is removable for easy cleaning. This is an alternative to a dental bridge or implants.
- Single denture – This unit replaces all teeth in one arch. The base is usually constructed of pink acrylic to match gum tissue, with teeth made of acrylic resin or other strong dental materials. A single denture relies on secure fit and natural suction to stay in place.
- Complete dentures – This is a full set of upper and lower arches of teeth, designed to work together. As with a single upper denture, the top plate generally covers the roof of the mouth for improved stability.
- Immediate dentures – In certain situations, dentures are designed in advance and inserted the day teeth are extracted. These dentures shield the mouth as it heals and allow you to avoid going without teeth during the recovery period. When swelling subsides and mouth shape stabilizes, immediate dentures must be relined to modify fit, or replaced.
- Implant retained denture – This is a whole arch of teeth, anchored with as few as four dental implants for an incredibly secure, comfortable fit. The denture has attachment points that snap over abutments on the implants. An implant-supported denture is the most economical way to achieve the greatest stability of replacement teeth.
Your smile, your way
The dentists at Huron Dental Centre understand the importance of comfortable denture fit for maximum function. They also know that you want to look great in your new teeth. You are assured of the time and attention necessary to help you select your smile.
Call 855 393-0900 in Mississauga for a dentures consultation.